Friday, August 20, 2010

Ladies Home Journal - 1895 - What Lillian Russell says...

"Messers Redfern... Gentlemen, Kindly make up for me the gown I selected yesterday, using as you suggested the fibre chamois in the waist for warmth, and in the skirt and sleeves to give them that very stylish and bouffant effect. I find that the woven petticoat does not give half the style that the genuine fibre chamois does. So naturally use nothing but the genuine goods. The imitation of this particular article I have found to be worse than useless...Lillian Russell"


2 comments:

  1. I love how these old advertisements often use letters (supposedly) written by famous actresses, like Lillian Russell.

    I just stumbled across your blog today - how fun! Thanks for all the work you put into it for our enjoyment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words...it's fun for me to do, but I appreciate hearing that folks like this stuff as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete