Friday, May 18, 2012

Inspiration In a Pattern Envelope - 1954 Seattle Times

I seem to be on a roll. Today I found another clipping inside a pattern, also from the Seattle Times. This dates from April 25th, 1954. Unfortunately there is no designer or even a store name, but that may not be the story here. Our seamstress kept this from 1954 and it was found in this 1957 Simplicity pattern. She'd kept this in mind (and maybe in her purse) till she found what she wanted. And I think she got pretty close. It's not exact, but I bet she got the same admiring glances.



2 comments:

  1. Isn't that wonderful--to have both the pattern and the ad she found that inspired her. I think she kept it for the way it looked made up in stripes. What color was the trim? I would like black and white stripes with red trim, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pockets on the blue pattern dress, and I keep looking at the red purse. But that top dress in those thin stripes would make anybody look taller, even a short gal like me!

    ReplyDelete